[Remind-Fans] PATCHES for moon illumination and moonrise/set times

Dianne Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Feb 7 15:01:42 EST 2017

On Tue, 7 Feb 2017 14:50:11 -0500
Justin Alcorn <justin at jalcorn.net> wrote:

> Wait. I think Stephen's concern might be warranted.  That's a huge
> jump - is it new libraries being pulled in?  Are those libraries
> maintained and do they have any potential security vulnerabilities?

I don't know yet.  https://github.com/variar/elp2000-82b doesn't seem
to have been updated in ~6.5 years.  Also, there's no info on the license
terms of that software.  I emailed the author, but I really can't
include software in Remind unless it's licensed under a GPL-compatible
license.

I'd have to audit the code for security vulnerabilities.  I suspect
it's unlikely as the code is mostly math functions, but if it
allocates memory or manipulates strings, then yeah... I'll have to
check.