[Remind-Fans] Brazil Daylight saving time

Andres MRM andres at inventati.org
Sat Feb 18 11:21:46 EST 2017

Hello!

First of all: thanks for creating remind. =)

I've just published my remind related stuff:
https://gitlab.com/andresmrm/remind-brasil
https://github.com/andresmrm/remind-brasil
(GitLab and GitHub flavors =P)

One of the files has Brazilian important dates:
https://gitlab.com/andresmrm/remind-brasil/blob/master/brasil.remind
Most of the dates are already included at the wiki:
https://www.roaringpenguin.com/wiki/index.php/Brazilian_Holidays
But there are at least 2 lines that I think it would be good to add to the
wiki (I would add it myself, but I couldn't find how to register).
The lines mark the start and end of our daylight saving time:

# Terceiro domingo de outubro (pelas minhas contas será sempre no dia 15 ou o domingo seguinte).
REM Sun 15 Oct MSG Início do Horário de Verão

# Terceiro domingo de fevereiro (se for Carnaval, o fim será no próximo domingo).
REM [iif( evaltrig("Sun", easterdate($Uy) - 51) - evaltrig("Sun 15 Feb", date($Uy, 1, 1) ), "Sun 15 Feb", "Sun 22 Feb" )] MSG Fim do Horário de Verão

The second REM, as you can see, is a little tricky... Because it can change to
avoid Carnival. I hope I got it right (did some testing and seems ok). So it
can be useful to other Brazilians. =)

The repository also has simple Python code to generate seasons as REMs (if
anyone is interested):
https://gitlab.com/andresmrm/remind-brasil/blob/master/gerador_estacoes/gerador_remind_estacoes.py

Thanks for the attention!
Best regards from Brazil! =)