[Remind-Fans] Multi-day events based off a calculated date?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Wed Sep 26 22:35:51 EDT 2018

On Wed, 26 Sep 2018 20:40:23 -0500
Tim Chase <remind at tim.thechases.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to figure out how to specify "the first weekend of each
> month" (defined as the first Saturday of the month and the Sunday
> that follows it).

The trick is to realize the following equivalence:

"The Sunday after the first Saturday in a month"  is exactly the same as:
"The Sunday on or after the 2nd of the month"

Spend a bit of time to convince yourself of that equivalence...

And the solution is the following two REM statements:

    REM Sat 1 MSG %"Weekend to work (Day 1)%"%
    REM Sun 2 MSG %"Weekend to work (Day 2)%"%