[Remind-Fans] save file .reminders in a cloud drive

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sat Sep 29 17:53:30 EDT 2018

On 2018-09-29 09:05, Claudio Pighin wrote:
> I do not think that Google Drive will sync the files stored in it
> as a copy of those stored on the hard disk of the PC, but it does
> the Dropbox service that has satisfied my request

Ah, I've not used Google Drive and assumed that it worked similarly
to Dropbox (or any of the other folder-syncing programs).

> I saved the reminders file in my local Dropbox folder and the
> system worked fine with the command "remind -q ~ / Dropbox /
> System / Dropbox_reminders".

Excellent.  That suggests that, if "Dropbox_reminders" is a reminder
file, you should be able to

  $ cd ~
  $ ln -s Dropbox/System/Dropbox_reminders ~/.reminders

or if it's a folder containing your reminders.rem file, then you can

  $ ln -s Dropbox/System/Dropbox_reminders/reminders.rem ~/.reminders

so you can then just invoke

  $ rem

which is (as best I can tell) `remind` but defaults to ~/.reminders
and the current date so you don't have to specify them on the
command-line.

-tim