[Remind-Fans] Doing relative IMPORT statements?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sat May 4 20:09:00 EDT 2019

Currently I have a symlink from ~/.reminders to
~/.config/remind/remind.rem

However I've had to hard-code their path:

  # this is in /home/tim/.config/remind/remind.rem
  SET remind_dir "/home/tim/.config/remind"
  INCLUDE [remind_dir]/birthdays.rem
  INCLUDE [remind_dir]/other.rem

I've played with "filedir()" a bit:

  INCLUDE [filedir()]/birthdays.rem

but it complains that it can't find "/home/tim/birthdays.rem" relative
to the symlink, not its target
"/home/tim/.config/remind/birthdays.rem".

Is there a way to get remind to chase the symlink (e.g. the
realpath() function) to find the actual filedir() ?

Thanks!

-tim