[Remind-Fans] Adding blank lines before banner when showing more than one date?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Thu May 30 20:27:57 EDT 2019

Currently, when I do

  ###########################
  $ rem '*3'
  Reminders for Thursday, 30th May, 2019 (today):

  GLOBAL: Ascension Day
  MANPAGES: man 1 rcsclean
  Reminders for Friday, 31st May, 2019:

  MANPAGES: man 1 intro
  HOUSEHOLD: Garbage day (Delayed) today
  Reminders for Saturday, 1st June, 2019:

  MANPAGES: man 1 from
  BIRTHDAYS: Graham C.
  ###########################

the "Reminders for {date}" text doesn't have a blank line before it.
I'd prefer not to have one emitted before the first one, but would
like to have a blank line appear before the subsequent ones.

Ideally, it would look like

  ###########################
  $ rem '*3'
  Reminders for Thursday, 30th May, 2019 (today):
  GLOBAL: Ascension Day
  MANPAGES: man 1 rcsclean

  Reminders for Friday, 31st May, 2019:
  MANPAGES: man 1 intro
  HOUSEHOLD: Garbage day (Delayed) today

  Reminders for Saturday, 1st June, 2019:
  MANPAGES: man 1 from
  BIRTHDAYS: Graham C.
  ###########################

also removing the blank line *after* the banner, but that's a lesser
concern than adding a blank line before the banner for >1 output.

I've read up in the man-pages on the BANNER command but am unable to
figure out if it's capable of what I want.

Thanks for any tips or ideas you might have,

-Tim

PS: feel free to ignore the leading msgprefix which prepends the
filename of each particular calendar file:

FSET msgprefix(x)=upper(substr(filename(), strlen(remind_dir)+1,
strlen(filename())-4) + ": ")

so my "manpages.rem" file becomes a prefix of "MANPAGES: " which is
helpful since I currently have 27 different calendar files for various
contexts that all get INCLUDEd into my master reminder file.

PPS: the manpages.rem is a fun addition, doing a daily manpage as
scraped from my OpenBSD box, in case anybody else wants to do
similarly.