[Remind-Fans] Too many full OMITs?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Nov 13 10:55:52 EST 2019

I just added a new block to my reminders (the kids' 2020-2021 school
year) and suddenly started getting

  [filepath(lineno)]: Too many full OMITs

For both the previous school year and the newly-added one, they were
all within a PUSH/CLEAR/POP block

  PUSH
  CLEAR
  # 2019-2020 school year has 15 different OMITs here
  # 2020-2021 school year has only 13 OMITs here
  OMIT ...
  REM Aug 15 2019 AT 7:30 THROUGH May 28 2020 \
    SKIP \
    OMIT Sat Sun \
    MSG %"School%" %2%
  POP

However, using PUSH/CLEAR/POP doesn't seem to free up those OMIT
contexts.  Otherwise, I'd expect problems with the current school
year which has more OMITs, while having the new school year (with its
2 fewer OMITs) work better.

I don't have *that* many OMITs as far as I can tell

  $ grep OMIT *.rem | wc -l
  87

and from what I can tell based on

http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/remind-fans/2009/001801.html

the limit was raised from 75 to 250 around version 3.1.6 and I'm
running

  $ remind 2>&1 | sed -n 2p
  REMIND 03.01.16 (English version) Copyright 1992-2018 Dianne Skoll

which I *think* is more recent than 3.1.6 in that weird way that
16 > 6 but .16 < .6   :-)   So I should be well within that 250 limit.

That link/thread mentions issues with OMIT ranges, but they seem to
work for me, though I don't know if each date within the range costs
me one of my OMIT allocations since I have several of them

 OMIT Nov 25 2019 THROUGH Nov 29 2019 MSG %"Thanksgiving: No school%"%
 OMIT Dec 23 2019 THROUGH Jan 6 2020 MSG %"Christmas: No school%"%
 OMIT Mar 9 2020 THROUGH Mar 13 2020 MSG %"Spring Break: No school%"%

But even if every one of those days in the ranges costs me an OMIT, it
still shouldn't push me over 250.

For now I've commented out the 2020-2021 school-year and will swap it
out once the current school year finishes.  But it would be nice to
get it working as expected.

Any tips, illumination of understanding what's breaking, or pointers
toward things I'm obviously doing wrong?

Thanks!

-Tim