[Remind-Fans] Dealing with non-latin characters in calendar output

Retourné du Japon khatre at gmail.com
Sun Nov 24 11:08:09 EST 2019

Hi,

Thanks for coming back to me so quickly.

I thought that my problem with accents was somehow related, turns it is not
(I believe).
My issue with accents was actually with the .ps output, but I solved it
using iconv in the pipe:

remind -cu+1 -p test.rem | iconv -c -f UTF-8 -t ISO-8859-2 | rem2ps -l -i
-e -m Letter > test.ps

I still cannot process non-latin character input, but it not directly an
issue for me (I have fonts-noto-core, but not stterm, on my debian stable).

Still, to answer your questions, here is what I get:

au at au:/tmp$ remind -v

REMIND 03.01.16 (English version) Copyright 1992-2018 Dianne Skoll
…
au at au:/tmp$ cat test.rem
REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG ನಮಸ್ಕಾರಗಳು!
REM Jan 21 2019 *1 MSG Clément