[Remind-Fans] Please test! (was Re: Access to the FROM/SCANFROM, UNTIL/THROUGH, and AT/DURATION in a reminder?)

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Jan 1 20:36:55 EST 2020

On 2020-01-01 19:21, Tim Chase wrote:
> I hit a small snafu building on my OpenBSD machine:
>
>   $ git clone $URL remind
>   Cloning into 'remind'...
>   mini10o$ cd remind
>   mini10o$ ./configure
>
>   **********************
>   *                    *
>   * Configuring REMIND *
>   *                    *
>   **********************
>
>   checking for gcc... gcc
>   checking whether the C compiler works... no
>   configure: error: in `/home/demo/remind':
>   configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>   See `config.log' for more details

A bit of experimenting and it looks like a gcc issue.  Running

  $ CC=`which cc` ./configure

works fine, but using gcc triggers the failure.  I ran

  $ doas sysclean

(sysclean was installed from packages with `pkg_add sysclean`) and it
says that gcc was removed from base in a recent release when clang
was made official for i386 & amd64 in either OpenBSD 6.5 or 6.6), so
cleaning that out

  $ doas sysclean | doas xargs rm

means that the ./configure script finds cc instead properly by
default.

Sorry for the noise.  But it might be a helpful data-point in case
anybody else hits the issue.

So it's running on both my FreeBSD & OpenBSD machines without issue.

Thanks again!

-tim