[Remind-Fans] Please test! (was Re: Access to the FROM/SCANFROM, UNTIL/THROUGH, and AT/DURATION in a reminder?)

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Jan 1 20:21:44 EST 2020

On 2019-12-29 23:17, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> - IMPROVEMENT: Add introspection functions trigback(), trigdelta(),
> trigduration(), trigfrom(), trigpriority(), trigrep(),
> trigscanfrom(), trigtimedelta(), trigtimerep(), and triguntil().
> See man page for details; thanks to Tim Chase for the suggestion.

I built without issue on FreeBSD and poked at all of these.  They all
worked uneventfully well, nigh delightfully straightforward in their
use.  My favorite was how readable things became

  REM Mon FROM Jan 1 2020 THROUGH Jan 31 2020 \
    %"Mondays from [trigfrom()] through [triguntil()]%"%

I hit a small snafu building on my OpenBSD machine:

  $ git clone $URL remind
  Cloning into 'remind'...
  mini10o$ cd remind
  mini10o$ ./configure

  **********************
  *                    *
  * Configuring REMIND *
  *                    *
  **********************

  checking for gcc... gcc
  checking whether the C compiler works... no
  configure: error: in `/home/demo/remind':
  See `config.log' for more details

I've attached the config.log which, as best I can tell, is having
issues execvp()ing the test binary "cc1" because it wasn't produced.

There's a gcc binary on the machine, though the default on OpenBSD
i386/amd64 is clang these days; don't know if that matters.  I'm
glad to try various things at your guidance.

Thanks again!

-tim