[Remind-Fans] [diff] Adjusting width for ANSI sequences in calprefix/calsuffix

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Tue Jan 14 22:45:46 EST 2020

On 2020-01-14 21:15, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> On 2020-01-14 11:52, Tim Chase wrote:
>
> [Proposal for $DefaultColor]
>
> > As matter of fact, I wanted it badly enough to implement it and
> > attach at least the code changes as a .diff :-)
>
> I've integrated your patch; thanks!  I had to fix it so it would
> work with "remind -p" as well as "remind -cc".  I also made Remind
> reset the value of $DefaultColor to "-1 -1 -1" each time it
> iterates to another day; that prevents you from needing to reset it
> at the start and prevents the (surprising) behaviour of it carrying
> over from one day to the next.

That's great...thanks so much!  Moving that reset to "-1 -1 -1" so it
happens every time is a good improvement.

Good catches on the MSG/MSF/CAL-only stuff.  Sorry I missed that case.

The value-clamping code that you tweaked (29bbf1a) was code that I
ripped directly from calendar.c (around line 1225), so I don't know
if you also want to (or can?) do the similar E_2LOW/E_2HIGH stuff
there for consistency's sake.  It's certainly more helpful than a
generic "there's an error here, figure it out yourself" that my patch
gave. :-)

Thanks again!

-Tim