[Remind-Fans] Please test git HEAD (soon to be 3.3.0) was Re: Using SPECIAL COLOR in the agenda view?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Jan 26 17:52:19 EST 2020

On 2020-01-25 18:41, W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. wrote:

> The new JSON output, and the resulting reverse-engineering by
> TkRemind, sound great. I don't have time to check now but I want to
> ask a question about it before I forget. When I start using the new
> TkRemind, will my .reminders file have a mix of the old-style (with
> ugly (your word) comment blocks) and new-style reminders? Will the old
> style continue to be supported? I have a clunky and limited TCL script
> that puts TKTAG's into .reminders. Should it continue to work?

The new TkRemind will ignore the option blocks, and in fact will delete
them if it has to rewrite the reminders file.

You can use TKTAGs in reminders as long as the lines you add match
this regular expression:

     ^REM TAG TKTAG[0-9]+

Be aware that if you delete a reminder from within TkRemind, it will
renumber the TKTAGs on existing reminders.  So if you need a stable TKTAG
as an identifier, you're out of luck.  If this is a problem, let me know
and I'll figure out a way around this.