[Remind-Fans] Please test git HEAD (soon to be 3.3.0) was Re: Using SPECIAL COLOR in the agenda view?

W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. robert.funnell at mcgill.ca
Sat Jan 25 18:41:09 EST 2020

Diane -

The new JSON output, and the resulting reverse-engineering by
TkRemind, sound great. I don't have time to check now but I want to
ask a question about it before I forget. When I start using the new
TkRemind, will my .reminders file have a mix of the old-style (with
ugly (your word) comment blocks) and new-style reminders? Will the old
style continue to be supported? I have a clunky and limited TCL script
that puts TKTAG's into .reminders. Should it continue to work?

- Robert

On Sat, 25 Jan 2020, Dianne Skoll wrote:

> Hi, everyone,
>
> So I couldn't use "-u" for colored reminders in Agenda Mode.  It turns
> out every letter from A to Z is taken.  So the new option is "-@"
>
> Please test https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/git/Remind.git/
>
> It has a lot of new goodies, as per the doc below.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.
>
> CHANGES TO REMIND
>
> * Version 3.3 Patch 0 - YYYY-MM-DD
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: In calendar mode ("-c" option), Remind automatically adjusts
>  the width of the calendar to fit the terminal window if standard output
>  is a TTY.
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: Add JSON-based output with "remind -pp" and "remind -ppp"
>  The JSON-based intermediate format preserves a lot more information
>  about the original reminder, allowing back-ends more insight into
>  the intent of the reminder, the recurrence used, etc.  See the documentation
>  in "man rem2ps"
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind can "reverse-engineer" reminders that it creates
>  using the additional information in the "remind -pp" format, so it
>  doesn't create or use ugly comment blocks to delimit the reminders
>  it creates.
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind: Add popup help to most buttons and controls.
>
> - NEW FEATURE: Add support for $DefaultColor system variable, suggested
>  by Tim Chase.
>
> - NEW FEATURE: The "-@" command-line option allows colored reminders
>  in Agenda Mode as well as in Calendar Mode.  It also adds support for
>  terminal emulators that can handle the xterm 256-color escape sequences
>  as well as the true 24-bit color escape sequences.
>
> - CHANGE: SPECIALs are now case-insensitive.  Before, only SPECIAL COLOR
>  would work.  Now you can use Special Color, special color, etc.
>
> * Version 3.2 Patch 0 - 2020-01-03

W. Robert J. Funnell, Ph.D., Eng., Assoc. Prof., McGill University
Depts. BioMedical Engineering and Otolaryngology - Head & Neck Surgery
Tel. +1-514-398-6739                Fax +1-514-398-7461
robert.funnell at mcgill.ca          audilab.bme.mcgill.ca