[Remind-Fans] White text on black background (was Re: Installation problem -)

Bob Goodwin rfgoodwin1931 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 15:27:15 EST 2020

On 2020-02-16 13:58, Dianne Skoll wrote:
> For TkRemind, put these two lines at the top of your reminder file:
>
> SET $DefaultColor "255 255 255"
> REM SPECIAL SHADE 0 0 0
>
> That will help somewhat, but won't change the default color of the GUI
> elements themselves.
>
> Regards,
.
Yes, that's an improvement!

but until the last two versions of Fedora, 30 and 31, I used the
following (from my notes):

[bobg at Box10 ~]$ cat /home/bobg/.Xresources

!
! Reloads .Xresources file
! $ xrdb ~/.Xresources
!
! Shows contents of all properties
! $ xrdb -query
!
! Font settings extras
Xft.dpi: 120
Xft.antialias: true
Xft.hinting: true
Xft.rgba: rgb
Xft.autohint: false
Xft.hintstyle: hintfull
Xft.lcdfilter: lcdfilter
!
! /usr/local/bin/tkremind cooperation
tkremind*Background: #000000
tkremind*Foreground: #ffffff
tkremind*activeBackground: #000000
tkremind*activeForeground: #ffffff
tkremind*highlightBackground: #00ff00
tkremind*selectBackground: #000000
tkremind*selectForeground: #ffffff
!

However the current versions of Fedora display white on black for about
500 milliseconds and revert to the black on white. That worked nicely
for several years, until it didn't ...
Poma "pomidorabelisima at gmail.com" provided the code when I described my
problem.

Thanks for the help,  Bob