[Remind-Fans] filename() and queued reminders

John Harrigan jfharrigan at fedex.com
Mon Mar 2 13:00:04 EST 2020

When reminders are queued up from multiple files, the filename() value seems to show the name of the last file processed and not the filename of the originating file.  I'm wondering if there is a way to preserve the originating file name.

For example, I have two reminder files in a rem/ directory.

rem/one.rem
SET mefi filename() + "|"
REM Mon AT 10:39 MSG [mefi]do task 1

rem/two.rem
SET mefi filename() + "|"
REM Mon AT 10:39 MSG [mefi]do task 2

Here is the output from 'remind -h -f rem'.  Note how the filename is correct at first, but when the queued reminder gets triggered it always reports two.rem.

rem/one.rem|do task 1
rem/two.rem|do task 2

rem/two.rem|do task 2
rem/two.rem|do task 1