[Remind-Fans] Every Thursday except...

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Wed Sep 16 19:42:13 EDT 2020

On 2020-09-16 19:36, Ed Blackman wrote:

> How would I express a reminder that I want to show every Thursday,
> *except* for the Thursday on the same week as the first Tuesday of
> the month?

The first Tuesday of the month can range from the 1st to the 7th of the
month.  The corresponding Thursday would range from the 3rd to the 9th.

So I believe this would work:

OMIT 26 November 2020 MSG Thanksgiving
REM Thu SKIP SATISFY [$Td < 3 || $Td > 9] MSG Thursday!

> If it matters, I want to be able to omit specific dates.  For
> example, I don't want it to show on November 26th since it will be
> cancelled due to Thanksgiving.

The SKIP keyword above takes care of that; I put in the
OMIT statement to demonstrate it.