[Remind-Fans] Getting pre-notice overlapping with actual notice

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sun Dec 13 15:08:14 EST 2020

Experimenting, I found a case I'm not sure is a bug or just
unsupported edge-case weirdness.  If I have an event and ask for
notice:

  REM Aug 8 +1 MSG %"This works %b%"%

and look at the calendar for that month

  $ rem -ca 2020-8-1

it shows me both the actual event on the 8th and the pre-notice on the
7th as expected.  But if an event's repeat overlaps with another
event, only the actual event shows up, not the pre-notice (the "+1"
below)

  # %7 is the number of kids in the list
  # %6 is the number of subjects in the list
  REM +1 FROM Aug 17 2020 MSG %"Teach [ \
    choose((($T - date(2020,8,17)) % 7) + 1 \
      ,"Alice" \
      ,"Bob" \
      ,"Charlie" \
      ,"David" \
      ,"Eleanor" \
      ,"Francis" \
      ,"Gwen" \
      )] %b: [ \
    choose((weekno($T, 0) % 6) + 1 \
     ,"Art" \
     ,"English" \
     ,"Math" \
     ,"Music" \
     ,"PE" \
     ,"Science" \
    )]%

This calendar renders correctly for

  $ rem -c 2020-8-1

but when rendered with

  $ rem -ca 2020-8-1

I expected to see 2 entries on each day, one for the actual event and
one for the next day's pre-notice.  E.g. on the 17th I expected to see
the current day's entry ("Teach Alice today: Art") as well as one for
the following day's entry ("Teach Bob tomorrow: Art").  But the
"+1" notice for Bob doesn't appear.

Is this something I can accomplish without duplicating the entire
event and tweaking the schedule?

Thanks!

-Tim