[Remind-Fans] Thanks for all the recent updates!

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Thu Jul 15 21:33:31 EDT 2021

My system package repos on FreeBSD finally upgraded to a more recent
version, bringing in all sorts of features that I've been salivating
for since {mid? pre?}-pandemic.  Just today I was appreciating "new"
features (since the prior package version in the repos) including:

- $DefaultColor (okay, this might have been my push)

- defaulting -w to be $COLUMNS rather than 80

- the trigfrom() and friends family of functions (also a bit of my
  troublemaking)

- the 16-color/256-color/Truecolor quantization, letting me specify
  24-bit colors everywhere and still having them come out sensibly
  when I'm in a 16-color terminal

I'm sure there are other features I could play with if I spelunked
the changelog but this is mostly just a note of thanks for all
these wonderful features I'm finally able to tap.

-tim