[Remind-Fans] standalone OMIT with weekdays?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Aug 6 10:37:18 EDT 2021

I have some work items that happen on particular days of the month,
but if they fall on the weekend, should be pushed back to the
preceeding Friday.  So I tried

  PUSH
  OMIT Sat Sun
  REM 7 BEFORE MSG Event
  POP

however, when I did this, remind complains

  $ rem 2021-8-6
  /home/demo/.reminders(1): Unknown token: `Sat' (OMIT)
  No reminders.

I thought this had worked at one point, but apparently I am
mis-remembering.  Is there some better way to do this short of putting
the OMIT in every event?

  REM 8 OMIT Sat Sun BEFORE MSG Event

It looks like I can create a weekday-nudge helper function to reduce
the verbosity a bit:

  FSET wd() "OMIT Sat Sun BEFORE"
  REM 8 [wd()] MSG Event

but it feels a bit hackish.

Any other ideas that I might have missed to get the desired behavior
without all those duplicate inline OMITs or function-calls?

Thanks!

-Tim