[Remind-Fans] New feature coming in Remind - looking for testers

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sun Sep 5 09:38:25 EDT 2021

On 2021-09-04 23:35, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
>     INCLUDECMD echo REM Mon MSG Hello
>
> it will behave exactly as if you'd had a file called "example.rem"
> containing "REM Mon MSG Hello" and had used INCLUDE example.rem

Interesting idea.

My authoratiative source for birthday/anniversary/memorial
information is in a recutils formatted text-file, so I have been
double-entering these, once in the recutils file, once in my reminder
files.  I'd planned on creating some sort of "create the remind files
from the recutils file" script, but would have to remember to run
that every time.  This is an interersting proposition to have remind
invoke that conversion every time it's executed.

Is there documentation on how shell-escaping/quoting should be
handled?  E.g.

  SET x "a b"
  INCLUDECMD printf 'REM %s\n' [x]

Does that get treated as two arguments

  REM a
  REM b

or as one

  REM a b

Similarly, does one have to watch out for things like "%b" input
expressions getting replaced by remind before getting sent to the
script? Or only if explicitly if […] is used for expression pasting?

Thanks!

-Tim