[Remind-Fans] Question about expected output

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Nov 21 17:45:01 EST 2021

On Sun, 21 Nov 2021 17:40:26 -0500
Michael DeBusk via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> In my reminders file is the following:
> REM 2021-11-29 +7 MSG Report due %c%
> REM 2021-11-30 +7 MSG Doctor appointment %c%

> I would expect the first to begin notifying me starting on the 22nd;
> however, I started seeing "Report due on Monday" on the 20th.

I am guessing you live in the United States.  And I'm further guessing you have
OMITted the 25th and 26th (American Thanksgiving and the following day.)

The advance warning "+7" does not count omitted days (ie, holidays.)  If
you want *exactly* 7 days' advance warning, no matter what holidays
may occur, use "++7" rather than "+7"