[Remind-Fans] Remind 3.3.11 is coming soon... please test!

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Dec 27 15:54:18 EST 2021

Hi,

I plan on releasing Remind 3.3.11 on Thursday, Dec. 30th.  Please
test the release candidate.

The candidate is at https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind and has
been tagged 3.3.11-BETA-1.  Changes are below, but I'm particularly
interested in hearing about any test failures.  The test file now dumps
all system variables; I believe I've made it so the test should pass
regardless of Remind's compile-time options, but would like verification
of that.

Changes are below.  Most changes are improvements to TkRemind, but one
major change is the introduction of two new system variables, $Latitude
and $Longitude, that are designed to replace $LatDeg, $LatMin, $LatSec,
$LongDeg, $LongMin and $LongSec.  And thankfully, $Longitude obeys the
usual convention of negative longitudes being west and positive ones
being east, thus fixing a decades-old bad decision.

Full changelog is below.

CHANGES TO REMIND

* VERSION 3.3 Patch 11 - 2021-12-30

- IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind: Show queue in sorted order.

- NEW FUNCTION: Remind: Add the isany() built-in function.

- IMPROVEMENT: rem2html: Add class names indicating number of rows in calendar

- IMPROVEMENT: rem2html: Coalesce table.rem-cal CSS into one block.  Thanks
  to Ian! D. Allen for pointing this out.

- IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind: Pass "-r" flag to inotifywait

- IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind: Draw moon phases with Tk canvas items rather than
  using PNG images.  This lets them change color along with other TkRemind
  preferences.

- IMPROVEMENT: TkRemind: Underline editable reminders when the pointer enters
  them; fire up the editor with either Button-1 or Button-3 for
  non-TkRemind-generated reminders.

- IMPROVEMENT: examples/defs.rem: Modernize the examples and get rid of some
  cruft.

- CHANGE: Add $Latitude and $Longitude system variables.  Deprecate
  $LatDeg, $LatMin, $LatSec, $LongDeg, $LongMin and $LongSec.

- CHANGE: Test: Add "dump $" to test.rem.

* VERSION 3.3 Patch 10 - 2021-11-30