[Remind-Fans] DURATION enhancement

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Fri Jan 20 12:27:26 EST 2023

On Thu, 19 Jan 2023 15:51:26 -0500
"Ian! D. Allen via Remind-fans" <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> It Would Be Nice If the duration could be specified in days rather
> than making the humans do arithmetic in our heads.

True.  The reason it's specified as HH:MM or just minutes is that until
Remind 3.2.0, the duration could not be longer than 24 hours.

I'll consider adding syntactic sugar for parsing durations...

> Aside: It's hard to find the definition of the phrase "TIME type"
> (used several places) in the man page.

I'll take a pass through the man page and eliminate (or reduce)
forward-references.

As you noted, what comes after DURATION is not really a TIME type, since
a TIME is limited to 00:00-23:59.  It's really its own type, a "duration",
which superficially looks like a TIME type.  I'll clear this up.