[Remind-Fans] Seeking testers for 04.02.03-BETA-2

michael mnarducci at verizon.net
Tue Feb 7 14:20:41 EST 2023

Calculation of US Tax Day requires consideration of State specific holidays Emancipation and/ or Patriot's Day.

See here, second section "April 18 tax filing deadling for most:"
https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2022-tax-filing-season-begins-jan-24-irs-outlines-refund-timing-and-what-to-expect-in-advance-of-april-18-tax-deadline

Taxes are never easy :-/

On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 01:12:49PM -0500, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've tagged Remind 04.02.03-BETA-2 at
> https://salsa.debian.org/dskoll/remind/-/archive/04.02.03-BETA-2/remind-04.02.03-BETA-2.tar.gz
>
> The reason I'm making another beta is there have been a lot of changes
> since Beta 1, most noticeably a bunch of code cleanup to remove a lot
> of static analysis warnings discovered by the "cppcheck" program.
>
> So please test, and if this looks good, it will become the 04.02.03 release.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dianne.
>
> CHANGES TO REMIND
>
> * VERSION 4.2 Patch 3 - 2023-??-??
>
> - NEW FEATURE: Remind: add the orthodoxeaster() function to return the
>   date of Orthodox Easter.
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: Add Greek language support courtesy of JeiEl.
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: Add Greek holiday file courtesy of JeiEl.
>
> - IMPROVEMENT: Many internal code tweaks to eliminate many cppcheck
>   static analysis warnings. [NEW IN BETA-2]
>
> - DOCUMENTATION IMPROVEMENT: Clarify the distinction between a "time"
>   and a "duration" as suggested by Ian! D. Allen. [NEW IN BETA-2]
>
> - BUG FIX: Remind: Fix incorrect interaction between sortbanner() and
>   MSF-type reminders.  Bug found by Tim Chase. [NEW IN BETA-2]
>
> - BUG FIX: examples/defs.rem: Fix the calculation of US Tax Day as per
>   Tavis Ormandy and Tim Chase.  Also fixed in include/holidays/us.rem
>
> - BUG FIX: Remind: Add missing #include <fcntl.h> to funcs.c [NEW IN BETA-2]
>
> * VERSION 4.2 Patch 2 - 2023-01-01

It is better for civilization to be going down the drain than to be
coming up it.
		-- Henry Allen