[Remind-Fans] Seeking testers for 04.02.03-BETA-2

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Tue Feb 7 15:45:06 EST 2023

On 2023-02-07 14:55, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Tue, 7 Feb 2023 19:44:17 +0000
> > I did notice that, while I guess it's correct, some of the
> > "(observed)" holidays show up multiple times in -n mode:
[snip]
> "next mode" is really meant for debugging.

Ah, I use it regularly to see upcoming events at a glance (particularly
birthdays & anniversaries for which I might need to buy & send a card)
with something akin to

  $ remind -nq ~/remind/bdayanniv.rem | sort | head

Useful not just for debugging! :-D

>>   $ make test
>
> > gave errors (attached, along with a diff against the test.cmp)
> > that all seem to revolve around timezone conversion.
>
> Are you on *BSD?  There are known issues with the FreeBSD (and maybe
> other *BSDs too) C library and timezones.  I'll see if I can work
> around them in the test suite.

Indeed, I tested on my FreeBSD daily driver.  Interestingly, when
I built it on an OpenBSD machine, all acceptance tests passed.  So
something peculiar about FreeBSD.

-tim