[Remind-Fans] timezone handling

Retourné du Japon khatre at gmail.com
Mon Mar 6 13:31:50 EST 2023

Good afternoon,

Reacting to this:

Remind has no support for timezones (there is some discussions in the

list archive). My solution is to define (and update) the offsets
> manually:
>
> SET UTC 2:00
> REM Aug 12 2021 *14 AT [18:00 + UTC] MSG F-Droid meeting

There is this annoying thing about daylight savings: there is a 2-week
discrepancy between the US and Europe.
For instance, this year, the US starts their Daylight saving time on March
12, but, if I am not mistaken, Europe will start it on March 26.

In the US, I use this:

REM Sun Apr 1 ++2 UNTIL 1 Jan 2007 MSG Hour change
> REM Sun Mar 8 ++2 FROM 1 Jan 2007 MSG Hour change
>
> REM Sun [_last(Oct)] ++2 UNTIL 1 Jan 2007 MSG Hour change
> REM Sun 1 Nov ++2 FROM 1 Jan 2007 MSG Hour change

Now, my two questions:

1. What is the formula to compute daylight savings change in Europe?

2. Is there a way  of updating an offset automatically, based on this
difference?

Best,
And thanks!
Clément.