[Remind-Fans] Tracking N days after most recent event in a series

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Mar 29 13:03:23 EDT 2023

On 2023-03-29 12:06, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> Any time you see something like:
>
>    REM [expression + something]
>
> it should raise a red flag.  That is breaking the Remind algorithm.

Yeah, I've bumped against that.  I haven't had the same issues with

  REM [expression - something]

so, where I can, I try to calculate the last date and then assign
events backwards relative to them and it has worked out great.  But
going forward causes grief as seen here. :-)

> > so it feels like I need some sort of SCANFROM or
> > IFTRIG, but I'm not sure how that would look.
>
>    REM Mar 12 2023 SCANFROM -30 MSG Lunch with Matt
>    set lml $T
>    REM [lml+23] MSG Text Matt...

Ah, the SCANFROM needs to go on the last event that would trigger
it.  That's what I was missing.  Testing my various cases, this
works great.  Thanks!

-tim