[Remind-Fans] ADDOMIT with SATISFY not working as expected

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sat Apr 8 22:26:58 EDT 2023

I have a regular meeting on the calendar that works fine:

 REM Fri SKIP MSG Weekly meeting

However, sometimes it gets cancelled

 PUSH
  OMIT ...
  REM Fri SKIP MSG Weekly meeting
 POP

and that works fine, too.  There were plans to cancel it for a large
swath this summer, so I went to do an ADDOMIT like:

 PUSH
  # other OMITs in here, too

  # taking the summer off
  REM Fri FROM Apr 10 2023 UNTIL Apr 28 2023 ADDOMIT SATISFY 1
  REM Fri SKIP MSG Weekly meeting
 POP

but that doesn't seem to add the OMITs as I would expect because

 $ rem -c+5 2023-04-08

still shows the original "Weekly meeting" event.  However, if I
change that "SATISFY 1" to a MSG:

 REM Fri FROM Apr 10 2023 UNTIL Apr 28 2023 ADDOMIT MSG %

the OMITs get added and the calendar-view displays as expected,
omitting those days.  Except now my agenda-view has a blank entry:

 $ rem 2023-4-14
 Reminders for Friday, 14th April, 2023:

 $

(note the extra line of output produced by that blank REM).  Using
an empty CAL instead of MSG produces the desired results in both
cases:

 REM Fri FROM Apr 10 2023 UNTIL Apr 28 2023 ADDOMIT CAL %

 $ rem -c+5 2023-04-08 # produces expected output
 $ rem 2023-4-14 # also no reminders
 No reminders.
 $

so that's what I'm currently using.  But I guess I'm mostly curious
why using "SATISFY 1" here instead of MSG/CAL doesn't do what I
expected.

Is this a bug or a misunderstanding on my part?

Thanks,

-tim

PS: in case it matters, I'm running:

REMIND 04.02.02 (English version) Copyright 1992-2023 Dianne Skoll