[Remind-Fans] Finally changed to $AddBlankLines handling...thanks!

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Mon Jun 19 11:13:21 EDT 2023

So I saw the $AddBlankLines knob added a while back and have had
it on my mental radar to update my reminders so I can stop tacking
"%" at the end of all of them, and instead use the $AddBlankLines
to control them.  Especially since sometimes I wanted blank lines
(when sent via email) and sometimes I didn't (when issued at the
CLI).

Today I finally updated them all:

  $ cd $REMINDDIR
  $ vim *.rem
  :set hidden
  :argdo %s/\s*%$//
  (revert a couple small BANNER changes detailed below)
  :xa
  $ git diff --shortstat

I had to revert a couple locations where my

  BANNER %

lines got eaten, but otherwise, it was pretty painless.  I could
then add

  IF defined("NOBLANKS")
    SET $AddBlankLines 0
  ENDIF

to the relevent parent file that gets used for my CLI interaction,
remove the

  FSET msgsuffix(x) "\n"

from the relevant parent file that drives my email scripts,
and update my shell aliases to include the `-iNOCOLOR=1`

  alias 1='rem -iNOCOLOR=1 …'

and all was even much tidier now.

So thanks for adding the $AddBlankLines functionality!

-tim