[Remind-Fans] Letting an OMIT drive the SKIP/BEFORE/AFTER?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Fri Jun 30 08:33:55 EDT 2023

I've got a monthly event on the calendar,

  REM 1 Sat MSG Breakfast with AJ

Sometimes it got adjusted back a week if something came up, so I
started with

  PUSH
    CLEAR
    OMIT Jun 4 2022 \
      MSG Room already booked, meet with AJ next week
    REM 1 Sat OMIT Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri AFTER \
      MSG Breakfast with AJ
  POP

and this worked quiet well.

However, recently they opted to cancel or shift it *forward* a week
instead.  In those occasions, it would be nice to have the deflecting
SKIP/BEFORE/AFTER information associated with the OMIT instead, so
I hoped I could do something like this (concocted) syntax

  PUSH
    CLEAR
    OMIT Jun 4 2022 AFTER \
      MSG Room already booked, meet with AJ next week
    OMIT Jan 7 2023 BEFORE \
      MSG Room already booked, met with AJ last week
    OMIT Jul 1 2023 SKIP \
      MSG Scheduling conflict, not meeting with AJ
    REM 1 Sat OMIT Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri \
      MSG Breakfast with AJ
  POP

Is there some way to let information in the OMIT drive the
SKIP/BEFORE/AFTER?

I get that it's possible to have two conflicting OMITs like

  OMIT Jul 1 2023 SKIP MSG nah
  OMIT Jul 1 2023 AFTER MSG later

but I'm willing to wear the "do stupid stuff, get stupid results"
cape if that happens, whatever the results are (I imagine the easiest
would be to use either the first/last one processed).

-tim