[Remind-Fans] Automated remind notifications in specified time frame

Storm Dragon storm_dragon at linux-a11y.org
Fri Jun 30 17:00:40 EDT 2023

Howdy,

I made a script that makes the i3 window manager accessible with the
orca screen reader and adds a few nice things in like being able to
alt+tab between open windows.

I would like to be able to add remind to it, with reminders that pop up
as notifications, if a notification daemon is running, or speak them
with speech-dispatcher if not. The problem I'm having is it seems to
want to repeat the reminders all the time, showing all of them every
time the notify-send happens.

I have read the manual, and can't figure out what I am doing wrong. Is
there a way to have remind show all reminders that are valid for the
next 10 minutes, and skip the rest of them?

Thanks,
Storm

--
⛈🐲