[Remind-Fans] Colorizing agenda mode

hymie! hymie at nasalinux.net
Wed Aug 30 12:27:12 EDT 2023

On Wed, Aug 30, 2023 at 12:00:36PM -0400, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Aug 2023 16:03:38 -0400
> aalinovi--- via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:
>
> > I've looked at the relevant section of the man page and reviewed
> > scripting is holding me back but I cannot figure out how to use -@ to
> > colorize agenda.
>
> Normal reminders aren't colored.  You have to set the color in the REM
> statement like this:
>
>   REM 1 MSG Rent due (no color)
>   REM 1 SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Rent due (bright red)

I'm not sure how important this part is, but I have remind defaulting
to - at 2,2,1 , which specifically tells remind

* use escape sequences for 24-bit colors, which I think my xterm supports
* don't assume that my termainl is either white-background or black-background
* respect my "SPECIAL SHADE" options as well as colors

That gives me a mild gray shading on my weekends, payday in green text,
stuff like that.

rem sat SPECIAL SHADE 200 200 200
rem sun SPECIAL SHADE 200 200 200
rem 5 nov 2021 *14 SPECIAL COLOR 0 128 0 payday

--hymie!