[Remind-Fans] Colorizing agenda mode

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Wed Aug 30 12:35:49 EDT 2023

On 2023-08-30 12:00, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> Normal reminders aren't colored.  You have to set the color in the REM
> statement like this:
>
>   REM 1 MSG Rent due (no color)
>   REM 1 SPECIAL COLOR 255 0 0 Rent due (bright red)

Alternatively, I often color large swaths of reminders by type, so I use

  # birthdays are green
  SET $DefaultColor "0 255 0"
  REM Jul 1 MSG Matt
  REM Apr 30 MSG Beth
  # ...

  # personal stuff is blue
  SET $DefaultColor "0 0 255"
  REM Aug 31 2023 MSG Doctor appointment
  REM Sep 18 2023 MSG That thing with that guy
  # ...

Well, rather, I have a bunch of named colors defined in colors.rem:

  SET cGreen "0 255 0"
  SET cBlue "0 0 255"
  # ...

and then my various reminder files DO/INCLUDE[1] my colors and set the
default color at the top

  DO colors.rem
  SET $DefaultColor cGreen
  REM Jul 1 MSG Matt
  REM Apr 30 MSG Beth
  # ...

-tim

[1]
PS: Thanks for the recent DO keyword...it simplifies pretty much
ALL of my previous INCLUDE directives!

And as you might pick up on, I use the freakin' heck out of the
ability to set $DefaultColor that I asked for a while back.  So
thanks for that, too!