[Remind-Fans] Can't compute trigger - worked before

Ed Blackman ed at edgewood.to
Thu Sep 7 14:22:33 EDT 2023

I've recently upgraded to remind 04.02.03 (in Debian 12/bookworm) from 03.01.16 (Debian 10/buster).  Some previously working reminders now say "Can't compute trigger".

I've been able to fix most of them to work again, but am stumped by one file.  I belong to a group that meets on Tuesdays.  Most of the meetings are small group meetings, except for *irregularly scheduled* large group meetings.  We also don't meet close to holidays.

I have responsibilities for some of the meetings that I want to be reminded of a certain number of days before or after the meetings.  (The "Contact/Pack/Send" MSG lines are RUN commands in the real version, but I didn't want to repeatedly trigger them while testing.)

Previously I used the file below, editing the "islarge" FSET to contain an "||" of all the announced large group meetings.

With the new remind version, I get "Can't compute trigger" on lines 9 and 10, which are commented below, and the messages don't show up.

Any help appreciated.

----
PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT
OMIT Oct 31 2023        # Halloween
OMIT Nov 21 2023        # Thanksgiving week
OMIT Dec 26 2023        # Christmas week
# Large group meeting on specified Tuesdays
FSET islarge(t) (               \
    t==date(2023, 8, 29)       \
)
REM Tue --4 SATISFY [islarge($T+4)] MSG Contact attendees re large  # line 9
REM Tue SATISFY [islarge($T)] MSG Large meeting                     # line 10
# Small group meeting on Tuesdays, except on large group weeks and omitted days
FSET issmall(t) (!islarge(t) && !isomitted(t))
REM Tue SKIP SATISFY [issmall($T)] MSG Small meeting
REM Wed SATISFY [issmall($T+6)] MSG Contact attendees re small meeting
REM Mon SATISFY [issmall($T+1)] MSG Pack for small meeting
REM Wed SATISFY [issmall($T-1)] MSG Send small meeting summary
CLEAR-OMIT-CONTEXT
POP-OMIT-CONTEXT
----

--