[Remind-Fans] Can't compute trigger - worked before

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Thu Sep 7 14:34:15 EDT 2023

On Thu, 7 Sep 2023 14:22:33 -0400
Ed Blackman via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I've recently upgraded to remind 04.02.03 (in Debian 12/bookworm)
> from 03.01.16 (Debian 10/buster).  Some previously working reminders
> now say "Can't compute trigger".

Right.  There's a thread starting at
https://dianne.skoll.ca/pipermail/remind-fans/2020/003745.html that
talks about this.  I made Remind stricter about diagnosing SATISFY
clauses that are never satisfied, but there are some false-positives.

To go back to the old behaviour, insert the keyword MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE
after the REM keyword on lines 9 and 10.  That should restore the
old behaviour; it tells Remind "Look, I know what I'm doing... don't
diagnose the SATISFY failures!"