[Remind-Fans] Ignore all events in a single .rem-file during specific weeks?

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sat Sep 30 16:30:05 EDT 2023

On Sat, 30 Sep 2023 22:15:07 +0200
Borys Jagielski via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> The background for my question is that I am a teacher and keep my
> weekly lesson schedule in a .rem-file. However, I would like the
> schedule to go inactive in the weeks when there are holidays.

There are many ways you can do this.  One is to use OMIT with SKIP:

For example, suppose you have a holiday from 2023-11-13 through 2023-11-17.
You could use this:

    PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT

    # Holiday week
    OMIT 2023-11-13 THROUGH 2023-11-17

    # Add other holidays here

    REM Monday SKIP MSG Monday lesson plan
    REM Tuesday SKIP MSG Tuesday lesson plan
    # .. etc

    POP-OMIT-CONTEXT

Note that the THROUGH syntax for OMIT is relatively new; you need
Remind 04.00.02 or newer.  The PUSH-OMIT-CONTEXT and POP-OMIT-CONTEXT
lines ensure that any holidays you add here don't affect other reminders.
If you want them to affect other reminders, you cal leave those
lines out.