[Remind-Fans] Ignore all events in a single .rem-file during specific weeks?

Tim Chase remind at tim.thechases.com
Sat Sep 30 17:10:07 EDT 2023

On 2023-09-30 22:15, Borys Jagielski via Remind-fans wrote:
> But is it possible to ignore all events from a specific .rem-file
> in specific weeks (given by week number, or a range of dates,
> or a Monday date with "plus seven")?

To directly answer your question, if you use INCLUDE or DO, you
wrap it in an IF block like

  IF weekno() < 36 || weekno() > 39
    INCLUDE lessons.rem
  ENDIF

However I think you might prefer to have something like OMITs where
you can do stuff like (taken from our kids' school calendar)

  SET FirstDayOfSchool date(2023, 8, 9)
  SET LastDayOfSchool date(2024, 5, 17)
  PUSH
   OMIT [FirstDayOfSchool] MSG First day of school
   OMIT Sep 1 2023 MSG In-service
   OMIT Sep 4 2023 MSG Labor day
   OMIT Oct 6 2023 MSG In-service
   OMIT Oct 9 2023 MSG Columbus Day
   OMIT Nov 20 2023 THROUGH Nov 24 2023 MSG Thanksgiving
   OMIT Dec 22 2023 THROUGH Jan 5 2024 \
       SATISFY [$Uw > 0 && $Uw < 6] \
       MSG Christmas
   OMIT Jan 8 2024 MSG In-service
   OMIT Jan 15 2024 MSG MLK day
   OMIT Feb 16 2024 MSG In-service
   OMIT Feb 19 2024 MSG Presidents' Day
   OMIT Mar 11 2024 THROUGH Mar 15 2024 MSG Spring Break
   OMIT Mar 29 2024 MSG Good Friday/Easter
   OMIT Apr 1 2024 MSG Bad weather make-up day
   OMIT Apr 26 2024 MSG Bad weather make-up day
   OMIT [LastDayOfSchool] MSG Last Day of School

   REM SKIP OMIT Sat Sun MSG School
  POP

And in case you need it, remind does something I've never seen
successfully implemented in any other calendar...those schools like
ours where you have a 4-day (or 6-day) cycle

  # a 4-day cycle Health/Art/PE/Music
  SET SchoolPhase 4
  SET DayNumber nonomitted(FirstDayOfSchool, today(), "SAT", "SUN")
  SET Schedule DayNumber % SchoolPhase + 1

  REM [FirstDayOfSchool] THROUGH [LastDayOfSchool] \
    AT 7:45 DURATION 7:20 \
    SKIP OMIT Sat Sun \
    MSG School: ([ \
        choose(Schedule \
        ,"Health" \
        ,"Art" \
        ,"PE" \
        ,"Music" \
        )])

It automatically skips holidays and picks right back up on the other
side with the next special.

Just in case any of that is helpful. :-)

-tim