[Remind-Fans] Unicode and rem2html

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Oct 15 09:33:37 EDT 2023

On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 01:33:43 +0000
"W. Robert J. Funnell, Prof. via Remind-fans"
<remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> I would like to include some fancy characters in the calendar. For
> example, I'd like to display '↳' by having '&#x21B3;' appear in the
> HTML code. Is there a way of putting such a character in my
> .reminders file and having it show up like that?

You should be able to create a UTF-8 reminder file and have it come through
correctly, but you need to indicate that the HTML character encoding is
UTF-8 by putting something like this near the top:

If you really want to pass HTML entities, use the SPECIAL HTML like this:

    REM ... whatever ... SPECIAL HTML Look here: &#x21B3;