[Remind-Fans] Time of day with SPECIAL HTML

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sat Jan 13 12:28:12 EST 2024

On Sat, 13 Jan 2024 11:09:46 -0600
Tim Chase via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> On 2024-01-13 16:17, Remind list wrote:
> > I'm using rem2html. When I want a link to appear in the
> > calendar, I use something like
> >
> > REM 14 Jan 2024 AT 11:00 SPECIAL HTML <p class="rem-entry"> 11:00
> >
> > I'm including the time (hh:mm) twice, once to control the
> > order in which reminders are displayed for that day (independent
> > of when the reminders are appended to .reminders), and again
> > so it appears with the reminder in the calendar. Is there some
> > way to avoid having to include the time twice?

Yes.  Replace the time in the body with: %*2

This substitution sequence simply expands to the trigger time.

> I'd use a function for my URLs/links, something like

I think this way overcomplicates things.  But it's just a matter
of taste, I guess.  If you have a LOT of these reminders with URLs,
then encapsulating in a function makes sense.  If it's only one or two,
then maybe not.