[Remind-Fans] Multi-user Remind (was Re: Ways to use Remind)

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Tue Jan 30 13:10:01 EST 2024

On Tue, 30 Jan 2024 18:17:12 +0100
Mathieu via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> Single-person calendar with different devices is my use case with
> Remind + remint indeed. There is an AUTOSYNC=on/off option in remint
> for force synchronization to a pre-configured git remote (pulling
> when running the script, and pushing when quitting it) so I guess
> this could be used for collaborative calendars as long as every
> collaborator has read/write permissions on the git repository.

Git, IMO, is not the right tool for the job.  It's a revision-control
tool; it doesn't understand calendaring or schedule conflicts.

I was thinking of developing something that could manage Remind
calendars centrally.  You could then search for free time to schedule
meetings by running Remind against each person's calendar in a special
mode that tracks busy/free times... some sort of daemon to do the calendar
management.

However, that sounded like a lot of work and since Remind has no chance
of being used in a corporate environment anyway (where most of the demand
for shared calendars is) I don't think it would be worth it.

If someone else wants to tackle this... go for it! :)