[Remind-Fans] Remind 04.03.03 is released

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Mon Mar 18 11:18:31 EDT 2024

Hi, everyone,

I'm pleased to announce the release of Remind 04.03.03.  This release
features a number of bug-fixes and code-cleanups as well as some minor
new features.

Remind 04.03.03 is available at https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/

Tar: https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/download/remind-04.03.03.tar.gz
GPG: https://dianne.skoll.ca/projects/remind/download/remind-04.03.03.tar.gz.sig
Git: https://git.skoll.ca/Skollsoft-Public/Remind

Complete release notes follow.

* VERSION 4.3 Patch 3 - 2024-03-18

* IMPROVEMENT: tkremind: Update icon to include a white border so it shows
  up better on dark backgrounds.

* IMPROVEMENT: C code: Fix a number of cppcheck static-analysis warnings.

* IMPROVEMENT: remind: Update the "-zj" protocol to include a queue-id for
  each queued reminder and add the DEL client command to delete a specific
  item from the queue.  Used by tkremind to implement "don't remind me about
  this again today."

* MINOR NEW FEATURE: Add a "-ds" debugging flag to print out expression-parsing
  stack high-water marks on exit.  This esoteric feature is of no use to
  anyone but the Remind author.

* IMPROVEMENT: tkremind: Stop using the deprecated tk_dialog command in favor
  of the newer tk_messageBox command.

* IMPROVEMENT: remind: In server mode, try to minimize redraws by
  consuming inotify events until at least 0.2s elapses without an
  event appearing.

* BUG FIX: tkremind:  The "Don't remind me about this again today" feature
  was unreliable and only worked for reminders created with TkRemind itself.
  It has been made more reliable and works with any reminder.

* BUG FIX: remind: Make it a syntax error if a local OMIT in a REM statement
  is not followed by at least one weekday name.

* VERSION 4.3 Patch 2 - 2024-03-01