[RP-PPPoE] Code contributions

For users of RP-PPPoE client/server software rp-pppoe at lists.skoll.ca
Fri Dec 10 08:41:25 EST 2021

Hi,

> Is there a way to clone the git repository?

Not currently.  I do have a private git repo, but unfortunately it contains
some code I wrote under contract and licensed to another company, and I can't
distribute that.

Give me a day or two to clean things up.  What I plan on doing is creating
a Github repo with the current code as the initial commit.  We'll unfortunately
lose my existing history, but since nobody else has access to it anyway,
it's not a big deal.  Going forward, I'll just archive my personal repo
and use the Github one as the canonical one.

> I know you (Dianne) mentioned that you don't like github,

I like Github, but I'm wary of Microsoft. :)  However, I haven't worked
much on rp-pppoe over the last few years and if I don't make a github repo,
at some point someone else will.  So we might as well make it official.

I am busy for the next few hours, but I hope to set this up soon.
Your patches sound really good.