[Remind-Fans] AFTER doesn't works as expected

Dianne Skoll dianne at skoll.ca
Sun Jan 16 09:22:23 EST 2022

Hi,

> It seems like AFTER doesn't work as expected.

AFTER works fine, but combining things with ADDOMIT is unlikely
to work as you want.  Run with

>From what I understand of your requirements, this will work:

REM 16 January 2022 *4 AT 10:00 DURATION 4:00 AFTER OMIT Sunday Saturday MSG Practicing
REM 17 January 2022 *4 AT 10:00 DURATION 4:00 AFTER OMIT Sunday Monday MSG Library
REM 18 January 2022 *4 AT 10:00 DURATION 4:00 AFTER OMIT Monday Tuesday MSG Gym

To see why your example does not work, try running in debug mode for
various dates.  For example:

remind -dte /path/to/your/file 17 Jan 2022
remind -dte /path/to/your/file 18 Jan 2022

You can see that on the 17th, the Practicing reminder triggers, and
marks the 17th as omitted.  However, on the 18th, the trigger date for
the Practicing reminder is the 20th and therefore there are no OMITted days
for the Library reminder to be moved after.  In general, making reminders
depend on other reminders is not likely to work (unless you take great
care) because of how the Remind algorithm works.