[Remind-Fans] TIME specification

Eben King eben at gmx.us
Wed Feb 9 17:36:28 EST 2022

On 2/9/22 17:21, Dianne Skoll via Remind-fans wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Feb 2022 17:11:23 -0500
> Eben King via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:
>
>> Hi people.  This is probably a basic question, but I'm a neophyte in
>> Remind. I want to get two reminders to show up on the (tkremind or
>> PDF) calendar, only for today=Friday at 20:45 or today=Tuesday at
>> 19:45.
>
> What you probably want is:
>
>       REM Tuesday AT 19:45 MSG Auxiliary Movie Night
>       REM Friday AT 20:45 MSG Main Movie Night

That's what I had at first, but it shows up on the calendar on _every_
Tuesday or Friday.  What I'm trying to get is for it to only show up once,
if the day I draw the calendar is that particular Tuesday or Friday.  But
hey, no quotes needed.  That simplifies things.

> I'm not sure why you're testing $U==today() because that will always
> be true... $U and today() are equivalent.

Well, heck. I was going by an example in

https://blog.thechases.com/posts/remind/

that says

SATISFY [$U == realtoday()] MSG Only appears today

I guess I simplified it too far...

--
The mnky gibbering and screeching used to keep me up at night, although
in the lst week or so it's prtty mch tailed off to nthng. The smell has