[Remind-Fans] Remind 03.04.00 is released

Mark Knoop mark at opus11.net
Fri Feb 11 04:16:11 EST 2022

Thanks Dianne,

The rem2pdf Makefile is ignoring PREFIX set from configure and trying to install to the default destination. The other executables and man pages (remind, rem2ps, tkremind, rem2html) install to the correct destination.

$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME/.local
$ make
$ make install
Installing rem2pdf
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/User/build/remind/remind-03.04.00/rem2pdf'
Manifying 1 pod document
Manifying 2 pod documents
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ERROR: Can't create '/usr/local/bin'
Do not have write permissions on '/usr/local/bin'

I see in the 'rem2pdf/Makefile' generated by MakeMaker, the following variables have not picked up the --prefix from configure.

 DESTDIR =
 PREFIX = $(SITEPREFIX)
 PERLPREFIX = /usr
 SITEPREFIX = /usr/local