[Remind-Fans] remind-caldav vs radicale-remind

Jochen Sprickerhof remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de
Mon Jul 4 09:05:31 EDT 2022

* Saša Janiška via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> [2022-07-04 14:03]:
>> >In that case I wonder how to make remind files available to DAVx
>> >used for mobile syncing. Now, with Baikal server, the whole setup is
>> >on the production server, while clients are either on the phone or
>> >on the desktop?
>>
>> I'm not sure I understand the question but I guess it is answered by
>> my comment above.
>
>Well, currently DAVx is syncing via Baikal and the addressbook
>(contacts) are available to the Android phone's contacts...

DAVx would need to connect to radicale-remind and radicale-remind needs
access to the remind, taskwarrior and abook files. Either you edit those
files (and run the programs) on the same system as radicale-remind is
running (i.e. both on the server or the desktop) or you sync them from
your desktop to your server (syncthing or unison).

>> radicale-remind can use python-icstask to interact with taskwarrior.
>> On my phone I use OpenTasks:
>> https://f-droid.org/packages/org.dmfs.tasks/.
>
>Hmm, that sounds great...does it mean you take advantage of
>Taskwarrior's tasks on your mobile and via OpenTasks have kind of 2-way
>sync by the whole setup?

Yes, radicale-remind exports them to CalDAV and DAVx syncs them to
OpenTasks.

>> I use abook for contacts, radicale-remind can sync them as well.
>
>And how are abook contacts available to your phone?

Same here, radicale-remind exports them to CardDAV, DAVx syncs them to
the ContactProvider in Android and I can view and edit them in the
Android Contacts app.