[Remind-Fans] remind-caldav vs radicale-remind

Saša Janiška sjaniska at atmarama.net
Mon Jul 4 08:03:19 EDT 2022

On Mon, 4 Jul 2022 13:38:53 +0200
Jochen Sprickerhof via Remind-fans <remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> wrote:

> Radicale ships an executable Python script (radicale) that you can
> simply run. There is some documentation here:
>
> https://radicale.org/v3.html#running-as-a-service

Thanks.

> Yes, or you would have to sync them between both systems somehow
> (syncthing or unison, maybe).

OK.

> >In that case I wonder how to make remind files available to DAVx
> >used for mobile syncing. Now, with Baikal server, the whole setup is
> >on the production server, while clients are either on the phone or
> >on the desktop?
>
> I'm not sure I understand the question but I guess it is answered by
> my comment above.

Well, currently DAVx is syncing via Baikal and the addressbook
(contacts) are available to the Android phone's contacts...

> radicale-remind can use python-icstask to interact with taskwarrior.
> On my phone I use OpenTasks:
> https://f-droid.org/packages/org.dmfs.tasks/.

Hmm, that sounds great...does it mean you take advantage of
Taskwarrior's tasks on your mobile and via OpenTasks have kind of 2-way
sync by the whole setup?

> I use abook for contacts, radicale-remind can sync them as well.

And how are abook contacts available to your phone?

Btw, I was just wondering what is the place of abook in the whole
"Radicale storage backends providing a two way sync for Remind, Abook
and Taskwarrior." equation. :-)

It all looks very promising...

--
One who is not disturbed in mind even amidst the threefold
miseries or elated when there is happiness, and who is free

Sincerely,
Saša