[Remind-Fans] Struggle with some specific reminders

l0f4r0 at tuta.io l0f4r0 at tuta.io
Mon Jul 11 16:44:43 EDT 2022

Hi,

5 juil. 2022, 00:09 de remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca:

>>> * Mothers' day: last sunday in May but if it's already Pentecost time
>>> then it's delayed to 1st sunday in June
>>>

>> OK, that's a lot trickier.  I believe Pentecost is Easter Sunday plus
>> 7 weeks.  So something like this should work:
>>
>> REM [easterdate($Uy) + 49] MSG Pentecost
>> REM MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE Sun June 1 --7 SATISFY [$T != easterdate($Uy)+49] MSG Mother's Day
>> REM MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE Sun June 1 SATISFY [$T == easterdate($Uy)+56] MSG Mother's Day (delayed)
>>
>> You will *really* need to read the man page to understand the above! :)

Ok, I've finally noticed that "MAYBE-UNCOMPUTABLE" keyword is not available with my remind version (03.03.01).

Hence, I've adjusted the reminders as follows:

IFTRIG Sun June 1 --7
   IF $T != easterdate($Uy)+49
       REM [trigdate()] MSG Mothers' day
   ENDIF
ENDIF

IFTRIG Sun June 1
   IF $T == easterdate($Uy)+56
       REM [trigdate()] MSG Mothers' day (delayed)
   ENDIF
ENDIF

5 juil. 2022, 01:18 de remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca:

> On Tue, 5 Jul 2022 00:09:26 +0200 (CEST)
> l0f4r0--- via Remind-fans <> remind-fans at lists.skoll.ca> > wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Considering this new information, here is my reminder:
>> REM 1 Thursday December -4 MSG Start of Advent
>>

> If you make this reminder file:
>
> REM 1 Thu Dec --4 MSG Advent 1
> REM Sun 27 Nov MSG Advent 2
>
> and run:
>
> remind -p2000 adv.rem | grep Advent
>
> you will see that the reminders are equivalent. :)

True ;)

>> However, now I'm struggling with the 2nd Sunday of Advent, 3rd and
>> 4th...
>>

> Just add 7 to the first, and so on, to get:
>
> REM Sun 27 Nov MSG First Sunday of Advent
> REM Sun  4 Dec MSG Second Sunday of Advent
> REM Sun 11 Dec MSG Third Sunday of Advent
> REM Sun 18 Dec MSG Fourth Sunday of Advent

Thanks!

Best regards,
l0f4r0