[Remind-Fans] remind/radicale & Thunderbird

Saša Janiška sjaniska at atmarama.net
Sat Jul 16 02:52:28 EDT 2022

Jochen Sprickerhof <remind at jochen.sprickerhof.de> writes:

> I've tested old Thunderbird and found that version 78.14.0 has
> an
> option to select iCalendar (ICS) or CalDAV when adding a
> calendar. Choosing CalDAV makes it kind of work. It complains a
> bit
> about not being able to save something but it sends single
> events and
> changes are saved. Whereas choosing iCalendar shows the same
> behavior
> as later versions. Then I looked through the configuration files
> and
> found that there is a type key in calendar.registry which is set
> ics by default. Setting it to caldav makes it work.

Thank you very much for this research!

> To change it do:
>
> Open Tools > Options > Advanced tab, and click Config Editor
> button.
> In the “Filter:” box enter “calendar.registry”
> Find a .type key and change it from ics to caldav.

I also found that my Baikal-calendars were set to 'caldav'.

> Maybe someone should open a bug report with Thunderbird to bring
> the
> option back ;).

Yah, no idea why they changed it.

> To my understanding the iCalendar option works more like a file
> with
> all events, so every change needs a resync of the complete file.

[...]

> But that is out of scope of radicale-remind (and Radicale) and
> would be a new project.

I agree it does not make sense and the current behaviour is
good-enough. :-)

Sincerely,
Saša

--
As a blazing fire turns firewood to ashes, O Arjuna, so does the
fire of knowledge burn to ashes all reactions to material