[Remind-Fans] timezone handling

Saša Janiška sjaniska at atmarama.net
Sun Jul 17 02:17:00 EDT 2022

Hello,

yesterday we had a long debugging session trying to fix problems
when
using radicale/python-remind with Evolution/Thunderbird. Now
things look
pretty smooth (testing with Evolution), but I wonder how to
properly
handle timezones?

For instance, the event which is supposed to be from 12:00-18:00
in
Europe/Zagreb timezone when synced it turns into:

REM Jul 16 2022 AT 10:00 DURATION 6:30 TAG PUBLIC MSG event

and when I looked at it into Tkremind/Wyrd it is shown as
10:00-16:30
event. Similarly, in the Evolutions it also 10:00-16:30 event but
with
the UTC timezone which correctly renders as 12:00-18:30 in
Europe/Zagreb
timezone.

So, my question is whether it is possible to somehow incorporate
timezone info so that oen can see same/correct timings in
Tkremind/Wyrd/Evolution/Thunderbird?

Sincerely,
Saša

--
You have a right to perform your prescribed duty, but you
are not entitled to the fruits of action. Never consider